October 30, 2018
YETHOMI GRACES 2ND DAY OF CHEGA GADI/LAMSIMNGI MINI HORNBILL CUM NAGA KING CHILLY FESTIVAL AT PEREN
Tourism, Art, & Culture Advisor, Khehovi Yepthomi graced the 2nd day of Chega Gadi/Lamsimngi Mini Hornbill Cum Naga King Chilly festival on 30th October 2018. The special guest was accompanied by his Lady wife, Advisor for Water Resources, Namri Nchang, public leader and senior government officials.
President ZB (N) Rangsam delivered welcome address and also briefed on the significance of the Chega Gadi/Lamsimngi festival. Highlight of day two included special song by Keyichitube Nza and cultural extravaganza from Tening cultural troupe and Nsong cultural troupe.
(DPRO & IA Peren)
3rd SEASON STUDENT’S RECITAL AT PHEK
Elite Music Ensemble, Phek held its 3rd Season Student’s recital on 26th October 2018 at PTC Hall, Phek.
EAC Phek, Luchui Fithu encouraged the musicians to resuscitate the tradition of playing real composed music rather than audio-engineered. The programme witnessed skillful display by both the students and faculties.
VIGILANCE AWARENESS WEEK AT NORTH EASTERN COUNCIL
Inaugural Programme of Vigilance Awareness Week with the theme “Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India” was held on 29th November at North Eastern Council, Shillong. The vigilance pledge was administered to all the Employees of the council by C.H. Kharshiing, IA & AS Planning Adviser of NEC.
Speaking on the occasion C.H. Kharshiing said that “NEC has geared up for observing the week in accordance with the directive of the Central Vigilance Commission. The council has commenced preparatory activities like for Vigilance Awareness Week to ensure participation from all the departments and their family members true to the spirit of the event and emphasized the need to inculcate and nurture core values like honesty, integrity, moral values in the work culture.”
PAYMENT OF NATIONAL SOCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME (NSAP) UNDER PHEK DISTRICT
Asst. Director & Addl. Charge to District Welfare Officer Phek, S. Wati Ozukum has informed that payment of various Pension Scheme under NSAP will be made according to the sub- division wise starting from 5th November to 11th December 2018 at DWO Office, Phek during the office hour.
Therefore Village Chairmen have been asked to collect the Pension Scheme of the respective Village/Town along with Payment Book of concern beneficiaries and Payment Register. Falling to comply within the stipulated date will be its own risk and no payment will be entertained.
Tentative payment schedule
|Sl. No.||Sub-Division||Date of payment|
|1.||Pfutsero||5, 6, 8, 9 and 12 Nov. 2018.|
|2.||Chozuba||13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 Nov. 2018.|
|3.||Meluri||19, 20, 22, 26 and 27 Nov.2018.|
|4.||Chizami||28, 29, 30. Nov. 2018. 3 and 4 Dec. 2018.|
|5.||Phek Hq.||5, 6, 7, 10 and 11 Dec. 2018.|
GENERAL SESSION OF PHOM GAZETTED OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
The 8th General session Phom Gazetted Officers’ Association was held at Langto park, Yachem village, Longleng Nagaland on 26th October 2018 which was hosted by Yachem Gazetted Officers’.
Delivering a short speech Minister, Health and Family Welfare, S.Pangnyu Phom appreciated the pioneers of PGOA for their immeasurable thoughts and sincere efforts in formation of the Association. He also called upon the officers to be sincere and discharge faithful duties.
The message of ‘visionary leader’ was delivered by Rev. Dr. L. Anjo Keikong, Former Chairman, NPSC. He stated that visionary leaders should possess the ability to uplift the society through one’s knowledge and wisdom. He encouraged all to shoulder responsibilities while executing official duty. He also asked them to keep pace with the times and changing technology.
During the programme President PPC, B. Chingan Phom delivered a short speech. Welcome address was given by Yachem village Council. Special song was presented by Yachem Students Union and folk song by Yachem Anuti lunglak.
Earlier, President PGOA B. Nyenghong declared Yachem village as Green Plastic free and Organic Village where Minister H&FW, S.Pangnyu Phom and Rev.Dr.Anjo Keikong planted trees to signify the declaration.
MEGA LEGAL SERVICES CAMP TO BE HELD IN KIPHIRE DISTRICT ON 31st OCTOBER 2018
Under the auspices Nagaland state legal services authority & Kiphire district legal services authority Mega Legal Services will be held in Local ground, Kiphire town in collaboration with Government departments, stakeholders & NGOS on 31st October 2018 at 10 a.m.
DC KOHIMA INFORMS ON FUEL RETAIL OUTLETS WITHIN KOHIMA DISTRICT
DC Kohima Rajesh Soundararajan, IAS has informed all concerned that as per the direction given by the Chief Minister office, an inspection was carried out by Deparmental officials from the District Administration, Police, Food and Civil Supply, Legal Metrology and Consumer Protection on all fuel Retail Outlets within Kohima District on 10th and 11th October 2018. The inspection was carried out at 13 Fuel Retail outlets within kohima for fuel quality checks, quantity and availability of basic amenities
In this regard, the DC has directed all dealers to immediately put in place the following measures for efficient, clean and proper customer service in all the Retail fuel outlets:
- Correct quality and quantity of fuel to be ensured by all dealers
- Separate toilets for gents and ladies (with proper signage)
- Proper septic tank and soak pit should be constructed. Human waste should not flow out into public drains
- Washrooms and bathrooms should be kept clean at all times
- Clean drinking water (preferably permanent RO system) should be installed
- First- Aid box with necessary valid medicinal aids to be prominently displayed and placed near the counter
- Free Air- refilling to be made available during working hours
- Each morning dealer should prominently display on a board the price of MS and HSD and the morning opening density of fuel @ 15 deg C before commencing of sales
- All dealers should keep filter paper (Whatman 2) to check quality of MS. The filter paper should be made available to customers on demand
- Dealer should keep a standard 5 litr. Measure duly verified by LMCP for exclusive use of pump testing at the retail outlet
- ‘Zero’ setting should be shown to the customer before start of each delivery by the pump attendant
- A suggestion or complaint book must be maintained and made readily available to customers on demand
- Dealer should prominently display name and telephone number of the oil company personnel who are to be contacted by the customer in case of complaints
- Dealer should ensure that the outlet is kept adequately illuminated and clean as per housekeeping standards laid down by the oil companies. All required facilities should be adequate
- Safety equipments at retail outlet should be provided as per the statutory requirements and maintained in good working conditions
All amenities and facilities as stated above should be made available on or before 20th November 2018. Non- compliance or irregularity if found, in any of the Retail outlets after expiry of the above deadline would invite initiation of prescribed action under relevant guidelines laid under public sector marketing companies which may even lead to closure or cancellation of License etc.
(Akamla IA Kohima)
13th M. NOKE TROPHY AT MON
The 13th M. Noke trophy commenced on 30th October 2018 at local ground Mon, organised by “Mon District Football Association”.
Advisor DUDA N .Bongkhao Konyak who was the special guest exhorted the players to play with peace, determination and with games spirit. He said that sports is a sort of employment and that there is no boundary for sportsmen.
Welcome address was delivered by Manjun, president MDFA and special song was performed by L. Hamnyei Konyak. All together 16 teams enrolled for the tournament.
NAGALAND PARTICIPATES IN THE FIRST NBORTHEAST OLYMPIC GAMES
The Nagaland state contingent participated at the First North East Olympic Game held at the main Stadium, Khuman Lampak Sports Complex, Imphal from 24th October to 28th October 2018. Altogether, 175 players comprising of 72 male, 67 Female including7 Technical Officials, 6 Officials from the State Olympic Association as observers, 22 Coach & Managers represented the Nagaland state Team.
Team Nagaland was led by CHEF-DE-Mission, Tali Jamir and Deputy CHEF-DE-Mission Er. Khrielievio Tsumvu along with Secretary General Nagaland Olympic Association, T. Meren Paul. CHEF-DE-Mission, Tali Jamir on behalf of all the players thanked the Chief Minister of Nagaland & President of Nagaland Olympic Association, Neiphiu Rio for providing all necessary funds and support for the state contingent thereby creating a platform for the young up-coming players to display their talents. Tali also expressed gratitude to all the technical officials, observers and Director, IPR, Nagaland, Limawati Ao for the vast media coverage throughout the event. The second edition of North-East Olympic Games will be held in Arunachal Pradesh in 2020.
Chief Minister Nagaland and President Nagaland Olympic Association, Neiphiu Rio congratulated all the participants and especially the Medal Winners.
In terms of ranking, Nagaland Emerged 5th position in the recently concluded game, which included 6 Gold Medal, 9 Silver Medal and 26 Bronze Medal. It may be added that there were 12 various disciplines such as archery, athletics, badminton, football, judo, shooting, table tennis, weight lifting, taekwondo, karate, boxing and wushu.
The list of all the Medal winners are as follows:-
- Tsuchoi T – 5000M(Women)
- Tsuchoi T – 10,000M(Women)
- Seluokuolie kire – Shot Put (Men)
- Songmo – 5000M(Women)
- Aungkali – High Jump (Women)
Bronze Medal:- 4*100M Relay Race (Men)
- Rongsenmeren 2. Nekhoto Tunyi 3. Widambo Rentta 4. Imlisunep
- Tsuchoi T 2. Peiheiteile 3. Songmo 4. Tsujem
- Hmingthanlunga – 60Kg (Men)
- Nikito Sumi – 69Kg (Men)
- Jichanthung Ngullie – 81 kg (Men)
- Ani Lama – 60Kg (Women)
- Manchen Konyak – 48Kg (women)
- Manju Basumatary – 54 Kg (Women)
- Monu – 64 Kg (Women)
- Repenkiu Tikhir – 54 Kg (Women)
- Keneileno Nagi – 74Kg (Men)
- Reetiz Engtee – 68 Kg (Men)
- Iteipetbo Nkie – 58 Kg (Men)
- Albert Lotha – 63 Kg (Men)
- Nenghoikim Singson – 62 Kg (Men)
- Antimonyu Chang – 53 Kg (Women)
- Dzuvichunuo Rutsa – 49 Kg (Women)
- Bamang yakum – Women
- Mui Ama – Women
- Milleno Mamai – Women
- Toshimanen Longkumer – Men
- Rubu Mech – 67 Kg (Men)
- Kibaka L Aye – 48 Kg (Men)
- Shemele |Rhakho – 52 Kg (Men)
- Rinku Bora – 65 Kg (Men)
- Sagar Mech – 70 Kg (Men)
- Keneisa-o Theunuo – Individual Men
- Kilen Meren – Individual Men
- Kevikienuo Rikha – Individual Women
- Shekhotolu – Women Single
- Ankur Sangpang Rai – Men Single
- Imliwapang & Imnatoshi – Men’s Double
- Bivash Biswas – Men Air Pistol (10M)
- Vizoseno – 52 Kg (women)
Total Medal tally
- Gold – 6
- Silver – 9
- Bronze – 27