NAGA NEWS, 7th FEBRUARY 2019
February 7, 2019
Thursday, 7th February 2019
IPR DIRECTOR AND ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR VISITS DPRO OFFICE ZUNHEBOTO
Director and Additional Director Information & Public Relations visited District Public Relation office Zunheboto on 6th February, 2019 and had a meeting with the officer and staff.
While addressing the staff of DPRO, IPR Director Limawati Ao stated that the purpose of the visit is to check the condition of the office and to see the needs and requirement of the office.
While highlighting the importance of IPR Department, he encouraged DPRO staff to let the people know about the governmental activities irrespective of small or big occasion in the district. Director assured that the Department will look into the basic needs of the office at the earliest.
In his short speech, Additional Director, Z. Tokishe Sema stated that in the directorate level, the IPR department has made tremendous progress and that it has made its presence felt at the highest level and asked the staff to maintain its status and work sincerely and shared his personal satisfaction of being in the Department. He asked them to take proper care and
maintain proper records of the PA equipment.
DPRO Zunheboto, Sentsuthung Thungoe delivered the welcome address. The senior officials also held interactive discussions with the Officer and staff.
(DPRO, IA Zunheboto)
BUSINESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING ON 12th FEBRUARY
Speaker In-charge Nagaland Legislative Assembly and the Chairman of Business Advisory Committee, Zhaleo Rio has convened a meeting on 12th February, 2019 at 1:00 P.M. in the Assembly Committee Room to finalize the Provisional Programme for the ensuing Third Session of the Thirteenth Assembly to commence on 21st February, 2019. Therefore, all the BAC Members have been requested to attend the meeting without fail.
KOHIMA DLCC QUARTERLY MEETING HELD
The District Level Co-ordination Committee quarterly meeting of District Tobacco Control Cell Kohima was held on 7th February 2019 at DC’s Conference Hall, Kohima
Reviewing the last meeting minutes, the Committee decided that Anti-Tobacco Squad will have to go for enforcement drive at least once in a month to the shops selling tobacco products.
Joint Director DHFW SNO, NTCP, Dr. Hotokhu Chishi requested the Department of Police and Transport to comply with the provision of law by installing prohibition signage and warning messages in all the public places under their jurisdiction. Representative of Rehabilitation Centre for Addicts and President of Angamiapfü Mechü Krotho also requested the members to organized awareness programme in the centers and villages.
Kohima Bible College and Orphanage and Destitute Home, Kohima were declared Tobacco free by the DLCC. The meeting was chaired by ADC Kohima, Lithrongla Tongpi and District Nodal Officer NTCP, Dr. Arenla Walling highlighted the activity report of DLCC Kohima from October 2018 to January 2019.
(Akamla IA Kohima)
DDOs DIRECTED TO STRICTLY FOLLOW GUIDELINES
Chief Secretary Nagaland, Temjen Toy IAS, in an office memorandum, has informed that in order to facilitate smooth and correct release of payment, including GST, to the contractors and suppliers, all the concerned DDOs have been directed to strictly adhere to the following conditions before releasing any payments for supplies, including works contract:-
- Contractors or Suppliers (the word supplier includes works contractors), who are supplying taxable goods and services to :-
- A department or establishment of the Central Government or State Government;
- Local authority;
- Governmental agencies;
- Such persons or category of persons as may be notified by the Government on the recommendations of the Council shall submit Tax Invoice with a consecutive serial number not exceeding sixteen characters, in one or multiple series, containing alphabets or numbers or special characters – hyphen or dash and slash symbolized as “-” and “/” respectively, unique for a financial year, as prescribed under Rule 46 of Nagaland GST Rules 2017 for preparation of bill and release of payment.
- Every DDO shall ensure that the GSTIN of the supplier is genuine and active. In order to confirm the activeness of the GSTIN, DDO can verify by login to https://www.gov.in and go to Search by GSTIN/UIN in the Search Taxpayer menu.
- Every DDO shall ensure that the supplier has filed previous period of GST Return. In order to confirm filing of GST Return, DDO must insist upon a printout copy of GSTR-3B, GSTR – 1 and Challan in form PMT— 06 with water mark impression on the feody of those documents as “FINAL”, in the case of consolidated payment Challan, comprising of more than one transactions, Challan pertaining to the Supply made against which the payment is to be released, should be separately created end payment made accordingly.
- Before initiating any payment, every DDO shall ensure payment of all outstanding liabilities, where the suppliers has signed an undertaking in Annexure “A” of OFFFICE MEMORANDUM No.FIN/REV-3/GST/l/03/450 Dated 11th September 2017. If any suppliers of goods and services had failed to pay any outstanding liabilities under GST and filed returns, all subsequent payments against those suppliers must be withheld till such tax liabilities are discharged.
1st BHANDARI SUB-DIVISIONAL DEPARTMENTAL SPORTS MEET UNDERWAY
The 1st Bhandari Sub-division Departmental Sports meet in support of “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” 2019, kicked off on 7th February 2019 at the Public Ground, Bhandari Town.
Addressing the opening ceremony programme, ADC Bhandari, Tiameren Chang stated that it is a good opportunity for the government servants to come together to encourage and strengthen one another to do better in serving the society. He also called upon everyone to support, save and educate the girl child in letter and spirit and not only through sloganeering.
Altogher 21 departments are taking part in the meet. The oath taking was conducted by Match Official, James Yanthan. Opening remark and welcome address was delivered by SDPO & Convener Organising Committee, Yanbemo Humtsoe.
APRO Bhandari, Lily Ngullie presented a special number. The programme was chaired by Renbomo Yanthan, GT GHS Bhandari.
In the first football match played between the departments of CDPO, Medical, SIB & SBI as “Team A” and District Administration, Police & Assam Rifles as “Team B” , the later won by 4 goals to nil. The sports meet will conclude on 9th February 2019.