DIPR News (13.3.2019)
March 13, 2019
GOVERNMENT ENHANCES HONORARIUM OF VILLAGE GUARDS
Additional Chief Secretary & Home Commissioner, Sentiyanger Imchen in a notification informed that in pursuance of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India letter No. 6/16/2017 –NE. 1 dated 15/03/2018, the Government of Nagaland has enhanced the honorarium of Village Guards from existing rate of Rs. 1500/- pm to Rs. 3000/- pm (Rupees Three thousand) only w.e.f. 01/04/2018.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Department accorded vide their RFC/ESTT No.28/13 dated 05/03/2019.
WORKSHOP FOR POLITICAL PARTIES & CIVIL SOCIETIES AT MON
DC & DEO Mon, Thavaseelan K, IAS organised orientation meeting and workshop for political parties and civil societies on Model Code of Conduct, Election Expenditure Monitoring, Information Technology application and overview of electoral process on 13th March 2019 at DC Conference Hall Mon. Chairing the meeting, Thavaseelan also demonstrated C.Vigil, VVPAT and EVM.
ADC Mon HQ Hiazu Meru briefed on Expenditure Monitoring, Model Code of Conduct, MCMC and Information Technology.
SDO (C) Phomching and Nodal Officer EEM Mon, James T. Khulu Tikhir spoke on C.Vigil and Expenditure Monitoring by the candidates.
The meeting was organised for all the political parties and civil societies under Mon district to disseminate information and to create awareness on the various electoral process and use of IT application for the upcoming Lok Sabha Election 2019.
(K.K. Chim, IA Mon)
DC WOKHA NOTIFIES ON DEPOSIT OF ARMS/WEAPON
In view of the ensuing Parliamentary Election 2019, Deputy Commissioner Wokha, Dr. Manazir Jeelani Samoon, IAS has, through a notification, directed all Arms License holders under Wokha district to deposit their Arms/Weapons in their nearest Police Station with immediate effect.
All Administrative Officers have been directed to oversee that all Arms License holders of every type of weapons are deposited in their respective Police Station.
(Zubenthung, IA Wokha)
DISTRICT LEVEL COMMITTEE ON MCC FORMED IN DIMAPUR
DC & DEO Dimapur, Kevekha Kevin Zehol has notified that consequent upon the announcement of General Election to the Lok Sabha 2019 the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) has come into operation from 10th March 2018 and shall be in force till the completion of the election.
He also informed on the constitution of District Level Committee on MCC with the following members.
- ADC, Dimapur- Chairman
- EAC, (Dev) Dimapur – Member
- DPRO Dimapur – Member
- One representative of commissioner of Police-Member
- One representative of all registered National/State political parties- Member
- Assistant Election Officer, Dimapur – Member
(Watimenla, IA Dimapur)
DIMAPUR DISTRICT CONTROL ROOM SET UP FOR LS ELECTION
DC & DEO Dimapur, Kevekha Kevin Zehol has informed that in connection with the Lok Sabha Election 2019 in the State, the District Control Room has been set up in the office of the Deputy Commissioner Dimapur with ADC Dimapur, Sharon Longchari as Officer in charge.
Therefore, any queries may be made to the District Control Room No. 9402041471/9402041695.
(Watimenla, IA Dimapur)
ORDINANCE ON TEACHER RESERVATION PROMULGATED
An Ordinance to provide for the reservation of posts in appointments by direct recruitment of persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the socially and educationally backward classes, to teachers’ cadre in certain Central Educational Institutions established, maintained or aided by the Central Government, and for the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto has been promulgated.
The President, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (I) of article 123 of the Constitution of India promulgated the Ordinance:
- “appropriate authority” means the University Grants Commission (UGC) established under the UGC Act, 1956, or any other a Central Act for the determination, coordination or maintenance of the standards of higher education in any Central Educational Institutions;
- “branch of study” means a branch of study leading to three principal levels of qualifications at bachelor (under graduate), masters (post graduate) and doctoral levels;
- an institution, declared as an institution deemed to be UGC Act, 1956, and maintained by or receiving aid from the Central Government;
- an institution maintained by or receiving aid from the Central Government, whether directly or indirectly, and affiliated to an institution referred to in sub-clause (a) or sub-clause, or a constituent unit of an institution referred to in sub- clause (c); and
- an educational institution established by the Central Government under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
For the purpose of reservation of posts, a Central Educational Institution shall be regarded as one unit.
(Kiso, IA Tening)