DIPR Naga News (07.07.2020)
July 7, 2020
BRIEFING ON COVID-19 ON 7th JULY 2020 FOR NAGALAND BY PRINCIPAL SECRETARY, HOME
The full text is as follows:
“As on today, the total number of positive cases in the State stands at 644. Out of this, the total active cases are 341, and 303 have recovered. All the positive persons are receiving medical care at the designated COVID-19 Hospitals. As per the severity of symptoms, 338 active cases are asymptomatic and 2 active cases are mild, and 1 case is moderate.
A total of 14,151 samples have been tested till today and the results of 13,493 samples have been received. Out of the 14,151 samples, 9,071 samples have been tested at the BSL-3 lab at the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK), out of which 462 samples have tested positive.
In addition a total of 7, 934 samples have been tested by Truenat, out of which 211 samples tested positive and sent for confirmation by RT-PCR. Further, 7499 samples have tested negative.
A total of 3, 725 persons are presently under Facility Quarantine.
If you develop any signs and symptoms of Cough, Fever or Difficulty in Breathing, contact the State Helpline Number 1800 345 0019 of the Health & Family Welfare Department. Please wear face mask in public places and always follow all the social distancing measures.”
DC TUENSANG RELEASES REPORT ON COVID – 19 CONFIRMED CASES
Deputy Commissioner (DC) Tuensang, Kumar Ramnikant IAS has informed as per report received on 7th July 2020 from the Chief Medical officer, Tuensang, 10(ten) returnees were tested COVID – 19 positive by TRUENAT machine on 3rd July 2020.
Subsequently, confirmatory testing of the same was done on the 6th July 2020 by RDRP GENE (SARS COV-2) Confirmation and 8 (eight) returnees were tested positive. The patients have been admitted at COVID Care Centre, Tuensang, for isolation. At present the patients are reported to be asymptomatic and stable. With the latest development the COVID-19 status of Tuensang is as follows:
- Total confirm positive cases – 35
- Active cases – 28
- Recovered – 7
DC MON NOTIFIES
Thavaseelan K IAS, DC Mon has notified that in view of the declaration of containment Zones within Mon Town, the following SOP for delivery of LPG cylinders within containment Zones is issued for information of all concerned.
- Contact the respective ward task force for placement of order along with the booklet and amount.
- The ward task force is to identify and designated a place in the ward for submission of empty gas cylinders and also for collection of new gas cylinders.
- The volunteers of the ward task force shall ensure the submission and distribution of gas cylinders. The gas cylinders are to be disinfected by the ward task force.
- The ward task force will compile all the orders and submit the list to Chingmei, EAC office of the DC, Mon (No.8837082365.)
- The district administration will allocate a date for delivery in consultation with the concerned gas agencies.
- The ward task force shall receive the gas cylinders on behalf of all the residents of the ward within the containment Zones. Payment should be made on the day of delivery itself.
- The ward task force shall ensure that wearing of face mask and strict social distancing norms is observed during collection of gas cylinders. Gathering of people in large number is strictly prohibited and strict penal action will be initiated against the violators under relevant provisions of the law.
WOKHA DPDB MEETING POSTPONED
Deputy Commissioner & Vice Chairman DPDB Wokha, Orenthung Lotha has informed that the monthly DPDB meeting for the month of July 2020 is postponed till further notice. In this regard all members have been requested to take note of the notice.
(Zubenthung, IA Wokha)
26 INMATES DISCHARGED FROM LONGLENG QUARANTINE CENTER
26 returnees who have been in quarantine for 21 days at QC-5 Yingli College Longlengwere discharged on 6th July 2020. The discharged inmates tested negative for second time. The inmates expressed their gratitude towards District Task Force and to all other front line works.
They also handed over a note of acknowledgement to DC & chairman DTF along with cash of Rs.3350/ contributed by the inmates as free will donation towards Covid-19 kitchen management as a sign and gesture of their happy stay at the quarantine center.
(ManjongPhom, IA Longleng)
THONOKNYU RECEIVES SEVEN RETURNEES FROM NOKLAK QCs
Thonoknyu Hq, received seven returnees from Noklak Quarantine Center on 6th July 2020 for to stay 14 days Quarantine at Thonoknyu Area Quarantine Center at KGBV Boy’s Hostel ThonoknyuHq.5 of the Returnees were from Chennai and 2 from Bangalore.
They were received by the Disaster Management Committee and Joint Forum TTAC at around 10:30 PM. Today on 7thJuly held a meeting with the returnees, along with the Medical Department where check up was done following all the SOPs and maintaining social distance.