DIPR Naga News (05.09.2020)
September 5, 2020
DISTRICT TASK FORCE PEREN HOLDS MEETING
Peren District Task Force on Covid-19 meeting was held at Deputy Commissioner’s chamber, New Peren on 3rd September, 2020 under the chairmanship of DC Peren, Sentiwapang Aier (NCS) who is also the chairman of DTF.
After lengthy deliberation the house resolved the following agenda:
- SOP issued on the 31st August 2020 concerning with the unlock-4 was reviewed in detail and decided to issue order for strict implementation of the consolidated guidelines throughout the district.
- Stressing on the importance of high risk settings, strict enforcement of Infection Prevention and Control Practices (IPCP) will continue to implement at check gates, offices, markets and crowded places.
- Surprised checking of privates and passengers vehicles will be conducted time to time to ensure public compliance with the safety measures as per the latest SOP
- Rates of taxi fares in the district will be revised after discussing with Peren District Taxi Union at the earliest
- Lack of alternative places for Covid Care Centre (CCC) the house has decided to approach the GMS & GHSS Jalukie to add more CCC till alternative arrangement is made.
- Concerning with the problems of sanitizing team & fogging machine, the Deputy Commissioner, Sentiwapang Aier entrusted the Medical Department to enquire about availability additional fogging machine in the district and to carry on with the existing manpower since other options is limited at present.
- The DC also briefed the members that the proposal for mass awareness campaign in the district and sustainable Covid hospital & Covid Care Centre at New Peren District HQ have been submitted to higher up. He also informed the members present in the meeting that the liaison officer at Dimapur is likely to be replaced soon.
(DPRO & Eto, IA Peren)
1st ONLINE NAGALAND DANCE BATTLE SOLO COMPETITION
Musik-A events in collaboration with Kripa Foundation is organizing an online dance competition called “Nagaland Dance Battle” with the theme “Get high on dance, not on drugs”. The first of its kind event is sponsored by the Department of Social Welfare, Govt. of Nagaland to be held in October 2020.
This event is designed to both entertain and educate, intentionally weaving important health and social issues of substance abuse into powerful catalyst for behaviour change. It will involve young people in exposing to performance-based group activities that indirectly or directly help prevent substance abuse. The competition will help dancers avail new platforms and recognitions, learn from the professionals with intensive workshops and classes and also create platforms and open doors for future.
Nagaland Dance battle (NDB) is the first of its kind solo dance competition where dancers from across Nagaland can come and compete for the title, a running trophy from their room. The online battle will consist of 5 rounds- Online Selection, Round of 16, Quarter, semi and final.
Celebrity judges are Jong, a backup dancer & choreographer of famous KPOP groups like BTS, GOT7 etc. from South Korea will and Virieno Zakiesato, Choreographer & Creative Movement Artist and Kokliba.
Any bonafide citizen of Nagaland is eligible for the competition there will be no age bar and no category preference to different kinds of dances. To enter the contest, the participants should whatsapp their dance performance video of 1 Minute without any edit (One Take only) to 9436007979 or mail it to email@example.com from September 6 – September 26.
The videos will be uploaded on musikaevents Instagram page. Top 16 most liked videos will be automatically selected for ROUND OF 16. Judges will select Top 8 dancers for QUARTER FINALS from the list of Top 16. The fixture of quarter finals will be based on the lucky draw.
Viewer’s Choice Award will be based on the audience poll.
For the quarter final battle all participants should dance to one common song and in semi final dancers will get freedom to choose their own song. The finalist can compose and dance on the theme “say no to drugs” in their own choice of song.
The prize includes a championship running trophy, total cash prize of 1,00,000 with certificates, gift hamper of PWS20N (Media and karaoke box) from Whitesquare, Dance scholarship for 1 year at Petros dance studio, a dance music video & workshop with the celebrity judge and sub-title categories for Best Composition, Most Promising, Youngest Dancer, Viewer’s Choice.
SPELLING BEE COMPETITION TO BE HELD AT LONGLENG
The District Task Force Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and MSK-DLCW Longleng will be conducting SPELLING BEE competition in view of World International Literacy Day on 8th September 2020 at DC conference hall Longleng at 11:00 am. Therefore the teachers in charge have been requested to nominate two girls students each from every institution to participate in the said competition.
(Manjong Phom, IA Longleng)
The Nagaland Board of School Education has informed that the National Commission for Women is launching a comprehensive ‘Gender Sensitization and Legal Awareness Programme in collaboration with the Educational Boards across India for the students of Class XI and XII’. Through this programme, the National Commission of Women has shared two booklets, namely ‘Gender Sensitization’ and ‘Laws Relating to Women’ which are both available for download in the NBSE website (http://www.nbsenagaland.com) and also from the National Commission for Women website (http://nwc.nic.in/nwc-cells/Capacity-Building-Cell). The issue of Gender Sensitization has become crucial to understand the sensitive needs of a particular gender. It has become essential to educate the masses on Gender issues so as to instill in every citizen the awareness of being sensitive to the gender issues.
The National Commission for Women plans to conduct an online test based on these booklets for students of Class XI & XII tentatively by 2021. The question paper will consist of 50 (fifty) MCQ type of questions where 25 questions will be from the booklet on Gender Sensitization and 25 questions on Laws relating to Women. There will be no negative marking. There will be prize money for the toppers. Certificates will also be issued to all participants and the schools with maximum participants and 70% scores will be awarded a trophy. The names and contact numbers of all Heads of the Institutions registered with the Board will be forwarded to the National Commission of Women who would be contacting the schools for further details about the online test.
The main idea of the competition is to educate and create awareness among the students on Gender Sensitization and the Laws Relating to Women. Therefore, all schools are requested to share these booklets to the students and encourage them to participate in the programme.
SEIZED LIQUOR DESTROYED IN MOKOKCHUNG
A total of 280 (Two hundred and eighty) cases of seized liquor (Mc Rum), 15 cases of Beer and 5 quarter of whiskies which were seized on different occasions, was destroyed today 5th September 2020, at the premises of P.I Court Mokokchung. The consignment was destroyed in presence of the destruction Committee headed by SDO(C) Mokokchung Chairman and the following members: SDPO Mokokchung, A.P.P Mokokchung, P.I Mokokchung and DPRO Mokokchung.
(Lanukaba, IA Mokokchung)